Chocolate is my favorite comfort food. Anytime I have a bad day chocolate and pizza are my go-to for feeling better. Since we had no pizza I decided to make muffins. Bananas are so good for you and make a great soft muffin, I had some chocolate lying around the kitchen so I threw that in there too.
Any chocolate will do, chips, chunks, bars that you chop up. I had a few chocolate chips and some 70% chocolate bars that I chopped up and threw in my banana muffin batter. and they looked so yummy.
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
- Flour, I used half oat flour half all-purpose
- Sugar, I used white but your favorite sweetener will work fine
- Baking Powder
- Milk, I used cow’s milk but your preferred dairy or dairy substitute will work
- Oil, I used vegetable oil but olive or another neutral oil is fine
- Vanilla Extract
- A banana
- Your choice of chocolate
Combine your wet ingredients and set aside
Put your oat flour in the bowl then sift the remaining dry ingredients over them then stir together and make a well in the center.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined then fold in the chocolate and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease/line your muffin tins. Fill them 2/3 full then bake for 20-25 minutes.
In none baking news my baby has her first tooth! Its razor sharp and it hurts her so bad that it makes me wanna take the pain away. And she turned 10 months Friday.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Chocolate of your choice
- Stir together the banana, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla then set aside.
- Place oat flour in your bowl then sift in the remaining dry ingredients then make a well in the center.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate then set aside.
- Preheat to 350, line or grease your muffin cups then fill the cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.